Venue: Room 348, Northumberland Building, University of Northumbria,
Time: 13:00 – 15:00
We have a number of speakers lined up as well as a tour of the University facilities for those interested. Details below.
Agenda (subject to change)
– Shell will give an overview of their current use of UAV’s and the limitations of technology along with some challenges they face on a worldwide basis. We will not be looking for solutions on the day (unless obvious), the session is to give you an understanding of needs/challenges.
– Prof. Fary Ghassemlooy will talk is about photonics communications for UAV
– Possible third speaker on topic of control algorithms and systems but I am still awaiting confirmation
– Discussion around the group on current projects (don’t have to contribute to this) and any issues/challenges faced
– Discussion around the direction of the group – are we meeting often enough? Are we discussing the right things? What other opportunities should we be looking at? Do we need to formalise things?
– Date of next meeting – offers of venue
– Tour of laboratory facilities: there will be two different labs (wind tunnel plus photonics) to visit.
To register, please contact Graeme.firstname.lastname@example.org